The Advantages of a Paver Patio Installation
When it comes to the patio you have a lot of construction materials to choose from. It may be wood, stone, concrete, or something else. However, paver patios always win out in every way. For a paver patio installation, you can search for “paving companies near me” and hire a reputed contractor to build it. Let’s check out the advantages of a paver patio installation:
- You get a space to host and entertain – This is the primary advantage of a paver patio installation. It gives you a dedicated space out of your home in the embrace of nature to entertain and host your guess. The great thing about a paver patio installation is that it can accommodate all kinds of features you want. Everything from a hammock to wicker furniture and a firepit.
You can also attach an outdoor kitchen to your paver patio for barbeque parties and for cooking something amazing for a close-knit group of friends. Even when you don’t invite guests over, the paver patio can entertain you and your family. It’s a great place to sit down, relax and spend time with your loved ones or drown in your own thoughts.
- Strength and Durability – Strength and durability are some of the greatest strengths of a paver patio installation. Depending on the material the pavers are made from, your paver patio can tolerate up to 8000 pounds of weight per inch. You don’t need to worry about breaking the paver stones or blocks with heavy furniture.
Pavers are also extremely resilient to the onslaught of nature. Unlike concrete and bricks, they aren’t affected severely by temperature swings. Since there are several pavers interlocked with each other, they can expand and contract with the changes in temperature without weakening. Their structural integrity is preserved, and they don’t get broken or cracked.
You can also choose pavers that have smooth surfaces with very few pores. This also makes the paver patio resistant to stains and easy to clean. Whether it’s gasoline spilled beside the firepit or drinks and food spilled on the patio, you can clean most things with a wipe.
- Flexibility – If you live near a fault line with frequent and short earthquakes, you don’t need to worry about your paver patio installation. Due to their interlocking structure, pavers don’t just account for temperature swings, but also for ground movement. When the earth underneath the pavers is moving, the pavers automatically adjust themselves to the movement of the soil. This reduces the chances of cracking and doesn’t add up structural vulnerability.
- Long term cost benefits – Apart from wood, most construction materials used for the patio are cheaper than pavers. While a paver patio installation may cost significantly higher upfront, the overall cost of ownership would be less in the long term. Unlike concrete slabs, asphalt, and other such materials, paver patio installation doesn’t need a lot of maintenance.
If you choose the right paver materials, you don’t need to seal them too often. For instance, natural stone pavers won’t need to be sealed every few years. You can choose to not seal them at all. Natural stone pavers improve over time with added textures and stains. Moreover, you don’t need to frequently repair them either. Paver patio installations are very strong and resistant to cracks and damage.
Your paver patio installation would also last you for a very long time. While asphalt and concrete patios last you two or three decades at most with regular maintenance and care, paver patios last more than half a century. They would probably outlive your time in your home. All these things make the long-term cost of ownership cheaper than competing materials.
- Aesthetic variety – Concrete and asphalt are very limited when it comes to aesthetics. While wood can be stained in a lot of ways, the texture is limited to that grain pattern. Yes, it’s gorgeous, but it may not be your style. Instead, you can get any style and texture you want with a paver patio installation.
Pavers are stamped with all sorts of patterns and come in all shapes and colors. The texture can also be customized. If you spend a bit more money, you can also get a unique paver patio installation with custom-stained, printed, and textured pavers. The variety and customization are limitless.
- Environment friendly – Take a look at your asphalt driveway or the concrete road across your home. You may be able to notice puddles at various places. These materials also suffer from drainage issues and often prevent rainwater from going back to the ground. However, paver patios have excellent drainage, and you can even get a permeable paver patio installed. This kind of paver patio allows the water to seep through and enter the ground.
Paver patios are also easily recyclable. Other types of materials including wood need to be uninstalled or excavated and go through an energy-consuming industrial process to be turned back into useful raw materials. However, most paver patio pieces stay as good as new for decades. They are some of the most recyclable and reusable materials that help you save the environment.
- Easy Repair – Any driveway owner knows the frustrating process of repairing concrete or asphalt surface. Hardwood also needs a lot of effort for repair and replacement. Even after repair, matching the color and the stain is very difficult. It leaves its ugly mark and doesn’t make your patio look like a unified piece.
Instead, a paver patio installation is the easiest to repair. At most the paver pieces may get cracked or damaged. Replacing them is as easy as picking up a puzzle piece and putting it back in. You can do it yourself with regular tools at your home.
Paver patio installation can be extremely durable and resilient and also gives you a lot of styles, colors, and textures to choose from. To get a paver patio installed on your property search for “paving companies near me” and hire professionals for the job.
If you are looking for a reliable contractor to do concrete sidewalks in Johnson city then look no further. We are serving the clients with 100% satisfaction for years now.